In this class you will learn how to create seamless repeat patterns and mandalas entirely in the iOrnament pro app on the iPad.
iOrnament pro is a powerful design program with infinite variables to create repeat patterns and mandalas. It also automatically positions your motifs in repeats and allows you to change symmetries as you are drawing, thus maximizing your time and workflow.
In this class I will cover all the skills you need create your own original patterns and mandalas in iOrnament pro such as:
• A beginner friendly overview of all the tools in the program.
• How to create and manipulate colour palettes
• How to use the pen and brush tools
• Create mandalas and stand-alone motifs
• Import images of sketches to create motifs.
• How to automatically select tile orientations to suit the pattern layout you want.
• Combine different seamless tile orientations in the same pattern
• Adjust your patterns into different colorways
• Animate your patterns and create time lapses of your process
• Save and export your patterns and mandalas.
The seamless repeat patterns and motifs you create in this program can immediately be uploaded to print on demand sites like spoonflower, Redbubble, or Society6 or used in projects like coloring book designs.
This class is beginner friendly and suited to any artist wanting to learn a fun and creative design app or for the experienced designer wanting to streamline their workflow.
To take this class, all you will need is an iPad, the app iOrnament pro (which costs $10.99 at the app store) and a stylus or your finger.
If this sounds like an area you would like to improve in and you have a free hour to invest in your creative business, please join me in this class.
If you are new to Skillshare you can use the following link to get 1 month of premium access to the platform and my class for FREE.